Friday, November 2, 2012

I Love Me A Good Personality Test!

I know it has been forever since I have posted anything, we have had a lot of big things going on, and I have been crazy busy. I will be posting about all of that sometime soon, but for now I am de-stressing by reading other people's blogs... I was stalking this blog the other day, and she listed a link to a personality test. I have always loved taking those kinds of tests, and I always find it fascinating to see how accurate they are. This test was no exception. The link is below for all of you that want to take it:

 http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Here is my results, I was a little weirded out by how accurate I felt like it was! Now I can't wait until later so that I can make Brian take it!! (I am curious to see what other people think, let me know how accurate you think it is by leaving me a comment.)

 Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging  (ESFJ for short)

Guardians of birthdays, holidays and celebrations, ESFJs are generous entertainers. They enjoy and joyfully observe traditions and are liberal in giving, especially where custom prescribes.

 All else being equal, ESFJs enjoy being in charge. They see problems clearly and delegate easily, work hard and play with zest. ESFJs, as do most SJs, bear strong allegiance to rights of seniority. They willingly provide service (which embodies life's meaning) and expect the same from others.

ESFJs are easily wounded. And when wounded, their emotions will not be contained. They by nature "wear their hearts on their sleeves," often exuding warmth and bonhomie, but not infrequently boiling over with the vexation of their souls. Some ESFJs channel these vibrant emotions into moving dramatic performances on stage and screen.

Strong, contradictory forces consume the ESFJ. Their sense of right and wrong wrestles with an overwhelming rescuing, 'mothering' drive. This sometimes results in swift, immediate action taken upon a transgressor, followed by stern reprimand; ultimately, however, the prodigal is wrested from the gallows of their folly, just as the noose tightens and all hope is lost, by the very executioner!

An ESFJ at odds with self is a remarkable sight. When a decision must be made, especially one involving the risk of conflict (abhorrent to ESFJs), there ensues an in-house wrestling match between the aforementioned black-and-white Values and the Nemesis of Discord. The contender pits self against self, once firmly deciding with the Right, then switching to Prudence to forestall hostilities, countered by unswerving Values, an exhausting, winner take all.

As caretakers, ESFJs sense danger all around--germs within, the elements without, unscrupulous malefactors, insidious character flaws. The world is a dangerous place, not to be trusted. Not that the ESFJ is paranoid; 'hyper-vigilant' would be more precise. And thus they serve excellently as protectors, outstanding in fields such as medical care and elementary education.


Now for a Random Picture of Andrew...


No comments:

Post a Comment