Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Getting poked at the Hospital...Fun Fun!

6/4/10


At my 1st Doctors Appointment with Dr.H, he tested me for dehydration. I was very, very dehydrated so he wanted me to go to the ER that night for IV Fluids. I didn't want to pay for the ER visit so he allowed me to wait till the morning and go to the IV Lab at American Fork Hospital.

Me feeling like poo in my hospital bed. Looking forward to a Nap while I get my fluid though!



The nurse said my veins were terrible! I always have great veins, but I guess when you are dehydrated they get flat and really little! Even know I didn't make it easy for her, she got it on the 1st try!


After a nap and 2 bags of fluid I was actually less nauseous. But because I didn't have to pee they tested my urine again and I was STILL DEHYDRATED! So.....


They started me on bag #3!! About halfway through bag #3 I DEFINITELY had to pee!! Then after I was done I noticed my fingers were so swollen, and I was sweating...which was weird because I wasn't hot. But my tissue was so saturated with fluid it started to come out of my pores! But I would rather be over hydrated than dehydrated any day!

The nurses said that when I was finally Hydrated again I would start to feel better....that was a lie. I still feel the same but it is better for the baby, so I am happy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh goodness! I am so glad I am not you! LOL! 3 bags is INSANE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweet little babe will know how much you love it because you have been through so much already. What a lucky baby to have you for a mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, I hope my baby really does know how much I love him/her! Because this pregnancy thing is not easy!

    ReplyDelete