Thursday, December 8, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Andrew!





































































































One year ago today, Andrew Thomas McEwan was born. He weighed 7 pounds 2 ounces and was 18 1/2 inches long. He was the most beutiful, perfect thing I had ever seen. I can't help but get teary eyed when I think of that day. I remember the 1st things I thought when he was born. 1st was "is his ear going to stay that way?" his ear was folded over and stuck to his head. and much to my relief it promptly popped back out. and 2nd was that he was fresh from Heaven. And that I was so grateful that our Heavenly Father would entrust someone so perfect to my care. I still feel that way. I am so blessed to have such a fun, smart, and loving little boy. I feel my Saviors love as I try my best to raise Andrew in truth and rightousness. I may not be perfect, but lucky for me I have the most wonderful husband a girl could ask for. Brian is such a good daddy, and I know that whatever life throws our way, we will get through it together as a family. This past year has flown by, and I feel like he is growing up too fast! I live for the times when he falls asleep on my chest and I can cuddle him and just hear him breathe as he wraps his tiny hands around one of my fingers, just like he did when he was 1st born.

I took Andrew in for his 1 year check up today. (I know what kind of mean mom takes her son in for shots on his Birthday?) and ever since he started walking he has thinned down a little. Here are his Stats:
Height: 29 1/4 inches--34%
Weight: 21 pounds 15 ounces--37%
Head Circumfrence: 45 3/4 centameters--32%

So he is kinda little, but he is healthy, and is developing his motor and social skills super fast. Some of the things Andrew likes are:
*Smiling
*Giving kisses to everyone including his stuffed animals
*Sesame Street
*His stuffed Elmo
*Cars
*Walking
*Eating anything and everything he can get his hands on
*He is very ticklish
*He thinks Grandma Bryant is the funniest person EVER
*His Naps (he loves his crib and will walk over to it and shake it until I put him down for a nap)
*Eating shoes, and lint off of the floor. Nasty I know, he definately keeps me busy!
*Playing with Daddy
*Playing with older kids, he doesn't really know what to do with babies his age. lol
*Primary Songs
*Grunting, sniffing, squeeling, and pretty much any other weird sound you can make
*Saying Dadda
*Chewing on his hands
*Tip over block towers
*Get into the pots and pans
*Climb Stairs
*Chasing the Dog, and sharing his food with him. (its pretty funny to watch him throw food to the dog when he is eating his lunch)
*Mommy's Cell Phone
*The Remote
*Being Thrown in the Air
*Laughing
*Eating Dum-Dums that the girls at Lone Peak Pediatrics give him
*Posing for pictures. (He sees a camera and gives a cheeser smile)
*Playing with the door stop. (He thinks the spring is funny)
*Take Baths
*Sponge Bob Square Pants
*Taking clean clothes out of the laundry basket and throwing them on the floor

I love my little bug, and I am so lucky to be his mommy. Happy Birthday Andrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment