Monday, November 14, 2011

Cutest Cookie Monster Invites EVER!!

I decided that for Andrew's 1st Birthday I would throw him a Sesame Street Party. He LOVES Sesame Street! And I decided I wanted to make his party invites (Because all the ones I could find I thought were ugly and overpriced) I love Cookie Monster and so I thought he would make a fun Invite.

1st I bought a blue towel from Walmart ($3.50) some black felt ($1.20) and some white foam sheets ($1.50) I already had a hot glue gun, black pop dots, and some white cardstock. I cut large circles out of the towel, medium circles of cardstock, and small circles of the black felt, and tiny circles of the white foam.

I hot glued the blue towel around the white cardstock, then hot glued the black felt over the seam. Then I folded it in half, and glued the white foam a little below the fold. Finally I put the pop dots to finish the googly eyes.


Cookie Monster's Mouth side view


A party invite without any party information is like Cookie Monster without Cookies... its just wrong. So I combined the 2! The cookies will just sit inside the mouth. They are made of tan cardstock and brown chalk circles. The Cookies will say:


Cookie#1 Can you tell me how to get to Andrew's Party? Date:12/10/11 Time: 6:00pm Place:Andrew's House


Cookie#2: This Party is brought to you by the Letter "A" and the Number "1"


22 Invites for $6.20 not too shabby if I do say so myself! And much cuter than any you could buy!


ALL FINISHED! A lot more work than it sounds! A big thanks to my mom and Kiri for helping me finish them all!



1 comment: