Monday, April 12, 2010

Pregnancy...The April Fools Curse!!

The April Fools Curse

So for April Fools Day I decided to play a little joke on Brian. I called and told him I was Pregnant. To which he responded with, "HUH......." Followed by a very long silence. I then said, "Well, what are you thinking?" and he said, "I have no idea." Then more silence. I couldn't stand it any longer so I said, "Well do you want to know what I am thinking?...........I am thinking that it is APRIL FOOLS DAY!! Bah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" I couldn't stop laughing and he then informed me that he had no idea it was April Fools Day. To which I laughed at even harder! Bri later informed me that it was not a funny joke, and I told him I still thought it was funny. Little did I know how "funny" it really was....

*Fast Forward to Easter weekend in Montana*

We drove to Montana to spend Easter with my Dad, we spent Friday going to the Candy store in P-Burg, then the Car Museum and Old Prison in Deerlodge. I am very prone to get car sick, and after all of the driving I was 7 shades of green. After we got home on Friday we went to Corey and Glenna's to dye Easter eggs, and have a BBQ. I didn't eat anything because I still wasn't feeling well from all of the driving. We had a great time in Montana and we left for the long drive home Sunday afternoon. When we left Drummond I got a little watery eyed, which quickly turned into crying, that morphed into uncontrollable sobbing! Brian just patted my leg and wiped my tears. (He is used to it because I have been known to be a little emotional once in a while! lol)
I took a nap and when I woke up I was fine. The rest of the trip was pretty uneventful.

On Tuesday I decided to take a Pregnancy Test because I was a little queasy when I woke up, and I was also 2 days late. I pee'd on the little stick then set it on the side of the tub and got ready for work. I was walking out the door when I remembered the test. I went and checked and it said PREGNANT! I almost passed out and was in total shock! I have taken a million Pregnancy Test and one has never came out positive, so I was not expecting it! I then realized if I called and told Brian there was no way he would believe me after my little prank on April Fools Day. I went to work and called and asked him on a date.

We went to Texas Roadhouse and I brought a gift bag full of presents for him. Our waitress asked us if it was someones birthday and we said no, that it was just a surprise present. She then told Brian to look away, held the menu up to her face and mouthed, "Are you Pregnant?" and I shook my head yes. She then mouthed, "And he has NO IDEA??" and I again smiled and shook my head yes. She giggled and told us he was not allowed to open it unless she was there. She came back from getting our drinks and she said, so when are you going to open it, and Brian looked at me and I said well you can right now if you would like. He opened it and the first thing he took out was a green bib that said, "I love Daddy" on it. He looked at the bib then looked at me, then looked back at the bib. He then said, "Is this for REAL?" and I nodded. He then took a deep breath, gave me 2 thumbs up and said, "We're having a baby!" it was very cute. He then took everything else out out the bag, which included, a plaque that says, "A Father is Someone you Look Up to no matter how Tall you Grow" and 2 baby books.

So I am 6 weeks along, and I am due on December 9th! We are very excited, and look forward to embarking on this new adventure! But beware of the Jokes you play on April Fools! Because you could be struck like us with the "APRIL FOOLS CURSE!!"

2 comments: